Since returning to Paris on Monday my “travel-advisory-services company” has received a bunch of inquiries from different people about traveling. Some examples:
- my brother has already been to Zanzibar, but asked me about Lamu in Kenya
- someone else wanted to know about driving to Oman from Dubai
- a blogger friend from Sydney is coming to Paris and asked for bistro recommendations
- my husband asked me to check out “what to do around Colmar” in Alsace (his work trip just got confirmed there and I may join him)
- and then before I noticed, I got caught up in a discussion about means of travel to reach the Aral Sea! (I have actually been there! out of all the places, yes!)
All of these discussions brought up memories, so I went to see some old photos and found this photo I took in 2003 in Mombasa, Kenya. It is one of my favorite photos ever.
PS Have you checked Pearlspotting’s Facebook page? It has a bit more updates on what is happening in Paris!